Texas MUFON Section 6
meeting Agenda June 1, 2019
- Greeting and general introduction
- MUFON Mission Statement
- Investigate UFO sightings and collect the data in the MUFON Database for use by researchers worldwide.
- Promote research on UFOs to discover the true nature of the phenomenon, with an eye towards scientific breakthroughs, and improving life on our planet.
- Educate the public on the UFO phenomenon and its potential impact on society.
- Greet New Guests
- Staff Reports
- Harris County Public Library-Aldine Branch, 11331 Airline Dr., Houston TX 77037
- Saturday June 8, 2019 (Next Saturday) 10:00 - 11:45am
- Our Summer Reading Program has a space theme this year. It runs through the months of June and July.
- For the presentation, I was thinking:
- Who is MUFON?
- What do we do?
- Information about Field Investigating (spoiler: its mostly done on the computer these days)
- What tools do we use (websites, software and physical gear like Giger Counters, Tri-Field meters, Digital Camers, FLIR Camera, etc.)
- Maybe talk about a few interesting cases
- Upcoming UFO and Conferences
- How can people get involved?
- Come to our meetings
- Join MUFON
- Become a Field Investigator
- I can tie in some books you may have available
- The Cash-Landrum case is a famous case local to the Houston area and has a number of books written on the subject
- We had a Cash-Landrum event last year and visited the site
- Travis Walton is another famous case with a number of books and movies
- Roswell is so well known and lots of books
- The MUFON Cases of Interest book
- The Calvin Parker Story
- The Cheryl Costa desk reference book
- This one really ties into my presentation. Cheryl is a statistician who has analyzed the data from the MUFON and other databases and produced a book with tones of fascinating data, charts and graphs
- Cheryl will be my guest speaker (via Skype) at my June meeting the weekend before the Library Presentation
UFOs and Statistics – A New Approach
So, MUFON collects all of these sighting reports in it's database, but what does MUFON do with all of that data?
with Cheryl Costa
Cheryl Costa will reveal unexpected secrets and facts about UFO sighting data from 2001 through 2017. She will illustrate amazing national trends along with UFO sighting specifics about the State of Texas and the Houston area and its various Counties. In addition she will demonstrate a new UFO Forensic analysis technique.
- Cheryl is a native and resident of upstate New York who saw her first UFO at age 12.
- She’s a veteran of two military services: Air Force and the Navy.
- A military veteran, she’s a retired information security professional from the aerospace Industry.
- She’s been a speaker at the International UFO Congress and at the MUFON Symposium.
- Since 2013, Cheryl has written the wildly popular UFO column "New York Skies" for SyracuseNewTimes.com.
- In March 2017, Cheryl and co-author Linda Miller Costa, released their UFO Statistics book "UFO Sightings Desk Reference: United States of America 2001-2015."
- Their book presents data and analysis trends for 121,000 USA UFO sighting reports between: 2001-2015.
- Cheryl was named "Researcher of the Year" at the 2018 International UFO Congress.
Check out these links for a full map and meeting calendar.